Thursday, November 15, 2012

Miércoldi, 14 Noviembre 2012 - Santa Irene to Monte de Goza

Well, I am 4.7 km according to the guidebook, from Santiago. And today was yet another beautiful weather day for walking! Thank you Source! Plus great resting spots to prop up my feet and legs when needed! Amazing what you see when you're resting and looking up for 5 or 10 minutes :-)

Decided to stay in the xunta (municipal) albergue here and arrive in Santiago fresh after a 5 km walk versus tired after a 15+ km walk :-(

This albergue is 500 beds! Four bunk beds in each room. Each building and the rooms remind me of college dorm life :-)

I like traveling now as the albergues are not that crowded! On the other hand, a lot of them are closed for winter which makes it interesting if you don't walk very far each day (like me).

Once I get to Santiago, will call the places along the way to Finisterre. What is open and available to stay will decide if I walk to Finisterre or bus it.

Seems like yesterday that I was starting out in Saint Jean Pied de Port! I thought about that as I walked up a hill today! Not the uphill climb of Saint Jean to Roncesvalles by any means. Yet I realize that after 54 days of walking at least 5 km almost every day with 9 kg. on my back, I am definitely stronger than I was 54 days ago :-). And boy have I learned a lot!

And I am so proud of these 55 days! Five years ago, I would not have dreamed of doing this. Yet voila! Just goes to show--you never know what the future holds!

I used to say...live life as if you're on holiday! And now I add...live life as if you are on Camino!

It's wash and dry time so time to get my clothes and sleeping bag out of the dryer :-) A luxury I really appreciate!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mushrooms poison/eatable, there are certainly a wide variety it seems..
Hugs,
Sharon