Friday, November 23, 2012

I'm in luxury :-)

It's 5 pm -- Viernes, 23 Noviembre 2012 - and I arrived at the hotel in Fisterre about an hour ago. 14 km from Cee. 7 leisurely (??) hours later.

This pelegrino couple I met a while ago and who I saw again as they were staying at the same hotel in Santiago, suggested I treat myself to a stay in this hotel when I reached Fisterre. They enjoyed their stay here.

Voila...here I am at Hotel Da Natureza Mar Da Ardora!

The beauty of traveling in off-season :-). The receptionist gave me my choice of two rooms. I chose based on what I could see from lying in bed -- the sea. In this case -- Mar de Fora!

So I just finished a long hot shower with the help of three different shower sprays. Washed my hair. WOW...what soft, soft towels! Now I'm snuggled under the warm covers resting and typing this up -- the heat turned off and the balcony door wide open...listening to the sounds of the sea and the wind! Fog is forming! Wrong--it's raining!

This is so much less exhausting :-) and a heck of a lot warmer than earlier when I was walking into the wind (that kept me focused otherwise I'd be blown over) and could see and hear the crashing waves to the left of me as I walked towards Fisterre. Luckily, the temps were good today, except the wind chill factor :-) AND no rain while I walked.

Also, treated myself to lunch in the true Spanish style (eatting at 2 pm) at this restaurant in the guidebook. I was the first one in the restaurant so I got seated at this great table where I could look up and out the window in front of me at the water! AHHHH - the water!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Now for a glass of vino downstairs--gratis.

As I ate my lunch and stared out in front of me out the window! As I walked today! I am truly blessed to live where I live! The Pacific and The Bay -- two beautiful bodies of water within walking or driving distance :-). And so many awesome places to walk in nature. Now...how to turn all that into a camino? Hmmm?

Buen Camino!



No comments: