Monday, November 12, 2012

Domingo, 11 Noviembre 2012 - Eirexe to Melide

Looks like a beautiful walking day! And it was! There was only a few moments where I needed my rainwear!

So I was grateful for the great weather! And awesome resting spots whenever I needed one to prop my legs up and use my backpack as a back rest! And soft walking path! For today, 22.9 km to Melide!

As I was reading through the guidebook wondering how far I would walk today, this Mother Teresa quote on pg 266 caught my eye! Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.

A great quote to sit with as I walked today. For I add to that, as I pass through a space, may I leave it better and happier! So I asked for that as I walked.

And when I stopped into the church in Palas de Rei, that quote came to me again. I thought that's what I strive for each day as I walk into the world--to litter the space with a beneficial presence versus the opposite! Which in turn has me to clear my inner space.

Being in nature. Walking. All helps me clear my inner space. Been interesting to re-enter the hustle bustle of urban after walking for the most part in nature and rural!

Will get a taste of that in Arzua tomorrow! Then Santiago either Wednesday or Thursday!

Yes...tonight I am 53 km from Santiago! Then another 100 km to Finisterre and Muxia!

And once again I arrive in a city on Domingo when everything except the restaurants and accommodations are closed!

All Good! As all I need is at the albergue! Clean bed! Hot water for shower! I've noticed the municipal albergues since Sarria no shower doors in the female shower facilities! Guess it helps that I'm not overly modest :-) and that the albergues have not been full. So far I've had the showers all to myself :-)

Less crowded albergues also means less people with potential for snoring :-)

On to food...turns out this name in the guidebook is the name of a restaurant not the name of a dish!

Fun place! Yum! Pulpo! Vino!

And the four folks visiting asked me to join them--two sisters from Venezula and their boyfriends! And got to catch up with a pelegrino I met several weeks ago! Just when I think all my Camino friends I met earlier and walked past me, are complete--I run into one!

All Good!
Buen Camino!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello my friend! Thank you for your email. I am sending you all my good wishes and prayers for a very special and safe journey. Thank you for sharing your walking adventures on your blog. Love, Joanne