Saturday, September 27, 2014

Quebec City - 26 September 2014

I know, I know...I have yet to post about my travels since Old Town Alexandria VA.

AND....

Today (26 September 2014) is such a gorgeous weather day (Thank You Source) that I had to write this!

I am in Quebec City.  It's sunny, blue skies, 68 degrees!  And this is definitely a city -- at least Vieux Quebec is -- for walking.  And my kind of walking...wandering down little or big streets -- exploring.

And what I have noticed....

Old and interesting architecture :-)
Lots of beautiful green grass spaces--some tiny, some huge :-)  :-)
Park benches or places to sit..along the sidewalks, outside buildings :-) :-)
Lack of veggies on the menus :-(
Expensive to eat out even for lunch :-(
Promenades -- the French love to stroll :-)
Upper Town and Lower Town -- translation...hills :-) :-( depending on how tired the body is
Smoking as I walk along -- outside restaurants and buildings since I am guessing folks are not allowed to smoke inside 

I am especially liking the green grass spaces!  And the places to sit!

Right now I am in "parc de l'amerique-francaise".


Notice there are no leaf color changes.

And then I wandered blocks to the south and here I am in "plaines d'abraham".  A HUGE park!  And I had to laugh when I saw the red Hop On Hop Off bus across this beautiful quiet green space, 




























No comments: