Sunday, April 17, 2016

Coupon Day....


Well, today's adventure (6 April 2016) is going to Orchard Supply to buy dimmer switches and replacement for this...


Not my little monkey friend :-). I later learned -- the item that my little monkey friend is looking at is called a lamp socket.

When the electrician returns to hang the two newly re-wired and cleaned ceiling light fixtures, I will have him install dimmer switches and replace the lamp socket where the on/off stem bent and broke off.  Lamp socket replacement is something I have been "meaning to" do since it broke at the beginning of the year,  And I noted in an earlier post, been "meaning to" get several ceiling fixtures re-wired and replace existing "modern" fixtures with two very cool-looking "older" fixtures.

I need sustenance for my adventure to the hardware store....




Need sustenance because I love hardware stores.  I can wander the aisles....




and find all sorts of interesting things like....




Wonder if Black Dog Benny can use this at night??




That's right...I am here to buy dimmer switches.  Too many choices!!!!




Same with night lights.




These draw pulls are fun...




Have not wandered in this part of Orchard Supply probably because I don't have a yard.




And these kid Adirondack chairs are so cute!!!!




And what's this?
Washi tape?
Never heard of this!

Very Pretty!  Do Not Need!
DO NOT BUY!!!!!!




Wow....they make dry erase and chalkboard tape these days!

Again!  Do Not Need!
DO NOT BUY!!!!!!




And fabric duck tape!

Again!  Do Not Need!
DO NOT BUY!!!!!!




Several hours later..,I am done with Orchard Supply.  And came away with the items I intended to buy:  dimmer switches, night light bulbs, lamp socket replacement.  Plus three items I probably do not need.  And bought them anyway....Benny's night light for his collar, night lights and motion activated LED sensor light for the stairs.










Now it's time to take my Spanish dictionary.  And head to a Franglish meetup to practice speaking Spanish.  Been 'meaning to' find a consistent place for practicing Spanish.  This sounds like a great idea.  Think speed-dating structure only replace "seeking date" with "Native English speaker speaking Spanish with Native Spanish speaker, then speaking English with same person" before switching to the next person.




I am taking public transport to this MeetUp.  Love the old trolleys on the Muni F line...








It's 5 p.m. and I have time to see the giant inflated rabbits in front of City Hall.




And get something to eat at The Market (1355 Market Street).




And stop in Thrift Town (2101 Mission Street) to see if I can spot any Corning Ware :-)

I am getting pretty good at spotting Grab-It bowls (due to their unique shape).  Two here and I already love the four I have at home :-)




And could that possibly be??  Under those two small (what are those little bowls called???).....a Sidekick.




Yup....and I decided not to get, since I thought this was a more current version.  I have one and this would mean I would have a pair to use.  I later learned this is an older version.  Live and learn :-)




Now it's time for Franglish MeetUp....







Well, arrived around 6:30 pm to find a number of Native French speakers and Native English speakers seeking to practice French.  And three Native English speakers, including me, seeking Native Spanish speakers (and there were none).  No worries!  We three spoke to each other in Spanish.  At least I got some practice in conversing and listening  And tried this Meet-Up out.  Yay for that!  Now it's 8 pm and my brain is toast.  Time to say "adios"!

Shop windows look different at night....



While Melt looks the same.....




Another GOOD day of celebration!

No comments: