Thursday, October 18, 2012

18 Octobre 2012 -- Boadilla del Camino

I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and then lay awake listening to the albergue sounds -- people in one room sleeping -- turning in their beds, snoring (different sound levels).

Lessons of my Camino and synchronicities came to mind...

Lessons...adjust...recalibrate as things happen! I remember as I walked after Roncesvalles--my toenail was rubbing against the hiking boot. I said let's wait and I'll cut you tonight. Yet it kept saying stop NOW. So I finally did in the middle of the forest! AND very glad I listened because 30 minutes later I was walking up and down and the toe was very happy!

Lesson...follow your own pace and body. Even if it means others pass you! Or your amigos del Camino walk faster or further than you!

Lesson...sometimes the path everyone follows is full of rocks so find the soft spots :-)

Synchronicities...When all I could see for miles ahead and behind me was open fields AND no other pelegrinos--I wondered--am I on the right path? Just as I thought if turning around, a voice said No, continue! And 15 minutes later, there was a way marker! Thank You Source!

Synchronicities...as I walked about Burgos where the temp was 9 celsius and it was overcast. And I had all my clothes on except one layer and thought...it is Cold--do I need to find another layer for the coming days? Yet where in Burgos? As I walked down the street next to the beautiful cathedral, I saw this shop with bags outside. As all know--I love recyclable bags--so I decided to go into the shop. Viola--the shop was a mix of all sorts of things and there was a thermal shirt and leggings! Debated and decided not to get yet thought how synchronicistic to find this after thinking for the past hour! Later I came back and bought the thermal shirt! The leggings would be great yet I have enough layers for my legs :-). Must remember whatever I buy, I must carry :-)

Now 17:46 and tucked into (as Tom would say) a welcoming and homey albergue En El Camino in Boadilla. Walked 20 km today--wanted to walk 6 km more to Fromista, yet the body said 1 km before I arrived in Boadilla--please be open as this albergue is open from April to October!

Thank you Source! The albergue is open! And so welcoming! So homey!

All Good! All works out!

Life is a journey, not a destination is a blessing ring I wear and this fits El Camino! I intend to reach Finisterre yet the Camino is where each of us is at any moment in time--student, teacher, master, healer, model. As each of us is in Life!

Buen Camino!

PS...This albergue is on my top list...first in terms of being welcoming. After walked 20 km in rain and chill, it was so great to have Eduardo take me and two others checking in at the same time...to the albergue (as we were in the Casa rural across from the albergue) and tell us to relax and he would take payment & stamp our credential later. Dinner would be at 7 pm.

And Begoña (his mother) cooked the best meal I've had on Camino! Tasty, very flavorful soups--lentil and white bean. Both soups were fab on a cold rainy night! And I choose beef stew which was tasty as well with a side salad! Then we had flan for dessert! So light! And lots of vino! I crawled into bed about 10 (well past my normal bedtime yet feeling full and loved by this great family)! They opened this albergue 17 years ago!

No comments: