Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Buen Camino! Saint Jean Pied de Port, France 21 Septiembre 2012

Today is 21 Septiembre 2012. And I'm resting, relaxing, packing. Tomorrow I walk from Saint Jean Pied de Port to Orisson. 200 meters in elevation to 800 meters. About 10 km to stay overnight in a private albergue.

I am taking this first week slow and easy. Two nights here in Saint Jean st a peaceful Maison Donamaria beside a babbling river! One night in Orisson to get adjusted to the elevation. The walking with a 4.5+ kg pack. The warm temperature (80 degrees today here :-)

As I sit and have a beer...watch the cars and pedestrians pass by...I wonder what the coming days will bring to me! I pray for ease, easy, flow, nice walking weather.

And there really is no reason that I'm doing this, other than if not now, then when!

Buen Camino!!

PS...Had my first basque meal here in Saint Jean...the vegetable soup was so flavorful and steaming hot! I would have made a meal of that! The lamb was the plat du jour and was tasty--not very lamb-y! And the gateau basque was so good--not very sweet! Lemony!

No comments: