Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Albergue Trinadad de Arre --26 Septiembre 2012

It's 12 noon and I am very grateful to have taken this day to stay at this albergue another night! Even after 10 hours of sleep last night. Arnica tablets, Advil, lots of water during yesterday's walk --I am still tired. The inflammation in my left arm, wrist, fingers which arrived yesterday is a contributor! And walking yesterday about 17 km. Definitely time for a rest day!!! I mis-calculated--I calculated 10 km yesterday not 17 :-|

Oh well -- all good! Body knew and screamed REST TODAY! DO NOT WALK TODAY!

Good thing -- Martin at the reception said today is on strike in the town and nothing is open! Another pelegrino just checked in here because she heard Pamplona's city center is closed off due to the strike/demonstration!

Happy for this quiet place to rest! Martin left green beans for us to cook since now it's foraging in the kitchen for lunch and dinner! For once my snacks are limited...

Buen Camino!

PS...yesterday and today are down mood days for me. My left wrist -- not having full use of it since I woke up has been dis-heartening! Tires me more! Today I am catching up on my blog posts while I rest. So that when I have wi-fi again I can upload my posts. And I realize I am writing about the wonderful highlights. Voila here is the balance!

Good to talk with the other pelegrinos as we encourage each other to take care of ourselves with the walking and carrying of backpack over a distance!

Glad to have brought essential oils to massage my left arm. And now my calf muscles and shins are sore!

OY! OY! Moving slowly! Time to go sit in the sun that is now out and have some arnica :-)

17:00 OH MY...I just calculated my daily mileage and posted. No wonder I need a rest day! AND I will rest as after Pamplona which is 5 km away, it's a climb up in elevation! WEO...what did I say Yes to ???

No comments: