Thursday, February 26, 2009

GOOD news: the toxic metal levels have declined

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 04, 2009 09:56 AM, PST

Yesterday, saw the ND to go over the follow-up urine challenge test results. GOOD news: the toxic metal levels have declined. With the lead level still very elevated. And that is odd, since the DMSA acts like a magnet, drawing metals to it in priority order with lead being the first. Mercury is down the line.

And you know me, ever looking at the entire picture. <> Other toxic metals popped up that were lower or not there on the initial test. The ND said that might happen. Yet was not concerned since these were “within reference range”. Yes and there are no "safe ranges" for toxic metals. Oh well, one thing at a time LOL! Noting this as my body is stressed and not necessarily the stress I used to think of. One of the stressors is these metals stored in my body – yes individually, yet also collectively. This is my note not the ND's.

AND I ask the ND:
what happened inside my body that caused me to store the mercury and lead instead of eliminating? And whatever that is, is it healing so my body doesn't store going forward? The ND says that's hard to say. This is my reality check - to see if there is anything more to be done to support my body's healing.

He outlines the cycle:
Exposure to the toxic metal. Thus minimize exposure going forward. Fascinating that mercury or lead can show up in places I had not considered. Like vaccines (mercury). Or lead (in soil/dirt/sand)

Once inside the body, then the body's natural digestive and detoxification processes start working. Liver, stomach, kidneys, bowels, skin

AND is the chelating drug really helping in the long run? Unknown. Short run, given the urine challenge results, looks good at least for the mercury. And for lead, it requires two drugs: DMSA and EDTA. Or so the ND thinks - he was not sure of the protocol. And the ND caveated: this may not get what's stored in bones, soft tissues, brain, etc.

HMMMM, time to consult with the integrative MD, the NRT practioner, and/or someone who knows more about lead toxicity and the related chelation therapy (than this particular ND).

Onward ho!

No comments: