Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Oops mis-read the baggage policy :-) [30 September 2014]

It's 30 September 2014 8 PM and I am packing up.  I train it tomorrow to Montreal at 12;45 PM.

All is going smoothly with the packing (because I don't un-pack that much).  Then I read my train 
Itinerary again.  This time I read the baggage portion!

OH NO...as I read the limitations.....
One luggage 40 pounds maximum and 62 linear inches maximum
Plus
One carryon bag (and I forget what it read)
Plus
A purse

All this time, I have been traveling with one luggage, a large backpack (the one I used when I walked Camino de Santiago) and a bag that is about the size of a large plastic grocery sack (doubt this is "a purse").

Now my leisurely packing time transforms into FRANTIC re-organizing!  In the process, my math skills go haywire as I add 15 inches + 15 inches + 26 inches and get 66 linear inches!  I ask Source to have them overlook the extra 4 linear inches!  After I finish re-organizing into one luggage, one carryon, and what I hope will be viewed as "a purse", I realize that 15 + 15 + 26 is not 66 but 56.  I am truly focused because I have no photos of before and after :-)

And Source -- have them overlook the weight of my one luggage -- since when I flew from Pittsburgh to Manhattan, I THINK the scale said 45 pounds :-| for the one luggage.

PostScript.....
after all my frantic-ness.....boarding the train went without questioning my three items or the weight of my one luggage!  Source, please repeat this when I check my luggage for the cross Canada train trip!


No comments: