Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Susquehanna River and Geneology Search (25 August 2014)

Today we take a riverboat ride on the Susquehanna River!

And WOW...for once I qualify for Senior Discount!


The tiny green dime between and far behind us is the State Capital.



Which my friend drove by later.



Then we went for lunch on the Susquehanna River.  And I "had" to get the mango drink :-)


TASTYYYYY!


And we 'had' to try the bagel baked with cheese on top! Yup, that's a dinner plate it is served on :-) Yes, we had a to-go bag!


And this was my lunch which I only ate half!


Now that I was full...we headed back so I could pack for tomorrow's 5 hour Amtrak trip to Pittsburgh PA.  While I packed, my friend tried on a couple of ancestry sites she's used for her own research to see if she could find anything on my family.  She found the 1930 census record for my grandparents on my mother and father's side!  That is exciting!  Since I did not think she would find anything!  Resurrected my interest in documenting stories to pass along to my nieces and nephew!  And their kids!  She also found a draft registration card for my father.  And his name listed in cadet corp section of his high school yearbook.  I had forgotten he was a cadet!

Next stop...Pittsburgh, PA on 26 August 2014.

No comments: