Sunday, July 29, 2012

Trust and Faith...



900 kilometers...HMMM...Saint Jean Pied de Port, France to Santiago, Spain to Finisterre, Spain...

Two months ago...I knew very, very little about Camino de Santiago. As I look back, I see how the guidance Source provided, including planting the idea of walking El Camino de Santiago in my head two months ago...has brought me here...now...today. I am post-integration of the 5-day Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain workshop. And the Dancing with Source Graduates workshop. Drawing On The Right Side is a workshop I wanted to take 5..6..7 years ago and did not fit into my schedule.

Well...Synchronicity Abounds...4 or so weeks into navigating through the Artist's Way book with a group (which I had not done before--we began 25 April), I remembered that I'd wanted to take a drawing class. And remembered this workshop. Voila...it was being given at Fort Mason during July. Synchronicity Abounds. Despite Money and Ego saying "we're on a budget", I took guidance from that still voice inside me (AKA Source or Right Brain) who said "Sign up for the workshop NOW".

On 18 July, my fab-o group of 8 (including me) completed the final chapter of the Artist's Way book -- Recovering A Sense Of Trust. And I add Faith! The Drawing On The Right Side workshop picked where that book ended. Synchronicity Abounds!

To Trust. To have Faith. To remember the Right Side Of My Brain. And as the workshop in entitled Draw "ON" It. AHA. I need to draw ON the Left Side. And ON the Right Side. And for different reasons. And at different times. And I want both sides to work as a team. Just as I want Ego and Dark Teachers to work with me as a team. We all need to work together. To learn from each other.

My other take-away from Drawing On The Right Side...when "drawing" the "object", check out the relationship in the drawing with those in the object. To reality-check if I have mis-perceived something in that "object" and thus transferred that mis-perception into the "drawing". That still-voice inside me KNOWS! when I have mis-perceived. And what to do to re-calibrate, re-adjust, re-focus. One step at a time. Until the drawing and the object are in sync.

This takeaway applies to life in general. When do I get so involved in what I am thinking, believing, doing, etc. that I neglect, forget to reality-check it against what the still inner voice is saying to me.

Source keeps telling me...show up. practice. K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetie). S..L..O..W..D..O..W..N. And drawing definitely helps me do all of that.

All Good! Buen Camino!

P.S. I'm very impressed with me as a drawer! As these two self-portraits, capturing a moment in time, tell me. The first I did on Day 1 of the workshop! The second on Day 5, the last day of the workshop! LOVED see everyone's drawings as most of us admitted we could not draw (do I hear the Left Brain, Ego, Mind, etc, etc talking--smile).


No comments: