Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Class Update .....

Yes, I am in Spanish level B.1. where it is expected that my vocabulary and grammar knowledge is far greater than A.2.  And I can draft sentences without looking up words or conjugation in the Spanish dictionary.

I can see that this is going to take ongoing practice :-) Probably for the rest of my life :-)

I am looking at what we started working on in class in pairs.  Talking about and writing a story from these words:

Miércoles tarde
Calle en obras
Trizo de madera en el suelo
Caída
mucho daño en él tobillo
Taxi
Clínica
Yeso hasta el día 18
Ahora bien

I have to laugh--my partner for this exercise knows very little English and her Spanish is like mine.  As a result, we are trying to understand each other talking in Spanish or English.  And not getting very far with the exercise of writing.  We are both still working on our Spanish pronounciation.

A friend of my friend here in Madrid used to teach Spanish to foreigners.  So he told me just remember a, e, i, o, u in Spanish only have one sound.  Unlike English, where the vowel can have several sounds.  No wonder I have such difficulty :-)

Back to my homework :-)
Practico, practico, practico.....

No comments: