Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 35...May 5...what's there to celebrate?

It's way too early in the a.m. for this Queen of Sleep (as most of my close friends know I LOVE my sleep)....it is 4:30 a.m. and I have been tossing and turning since 2 a.m.  And got to thinking about being in the midst of my 60 days of celebration for my 60th birthday, that I began on April 1.  And looking back at the past week...I wondered what had I celebrated each day?  Because I think "happy" when I hear the word "celebrate".  And the past weeks had left me exhausted mentally, physically, emotionally.  And for that, I am not happy.

No wonder when the bank teller asked me yesterday 'how are you?'  I paused, took a deep breath, and responded 'I don't think I'll respond truthfully because I would be talking to you for a long while.'  She looked surprised.  And went out of way to help me with what I believed would be a simple transaction.  Turns out the branch no longer offers counter checks so this wonderful soul of a bank teller called to find out how I could do my transaction without counter checks.  Thank you bank teller named Pensom!

Anywho....since I am wide awake and have not blogged each day as I had hoped and intended, I decided to look up the word "celebrate" for some inspiration and insight into "what had I celebrated in the past week?"

Thank you Merrium Webster for the definition and Source for the idea!  This definition struck a chord "to mark (as an anniversary) by festivities or other deviation from routine". Specifically the part about "deviation from routine". Those three words are giving me the best belly laugh right now.  Belly laughs definitely feel good!

Most certainly each day since last Wednesday (when I returned from my trip to LA to celebrate my friend's birthday) has been a 'deviation from routine' for me.  NOT the deviations I planned and certainly a deviation!  And definitely "undesired outcomes".  Even being away from home is a deviation from routine.  Or having a purse stolen.  Or having family or friends stay with you.  Or traveling.  All Good....for a "deviation from routine" as I now see and feel....can be exhausting as well as informing me.  For me, the "deviations from routine" of the past week (even this being awake from 2 a.m. to now it's almost 5 a.m. or my time away in LA) certainly has me notice what I notice.

Thank you "Unplanned Deviations From Routine"!  You are testing me to see how I will respond!  Will my words and deeds match up?  Will I respond in auto-pilot?  When Unplanned Deviations From Routine or Undesired Outcomes, assault me :-) will I support myself with healthy choices?  Will I acknowledge my feelings, my emotions rather than dismiss or hide them?  Will I come out from behind myself into the conversation or checkout?  Will I be conscious or un-conscious?

As I look back over the past week, I am most proud of me and my responses.  And that's definitely something to celebrate!  And an awesome way to start a day!






No comments: