Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day Three in Madrid

It's Sabado, 1 Dec 2012. Connected today with two amigos del camino. I had forgotten they lived in Madrid, until one responded to one of my global e-mails to mis amigos del camino. And the other sent the photos that one asked if the three could take with me on camino!

It was fabulous to see each of them. The plan was visit the Prado, yet when I met up with Antonio...I decided the day was just to gorgeous (yet cold) to be inside. So we walked from there past the state buildings. And took a photo of me at the 0 km (center) point of the country! And walked through Plaza del Sol and on to Plaza Mayor. Then Mercado San Miguel. Then to meet up with Alfonso! And continued walking :-). Past a store with a huge sweets/candy selection. Past the oldest restaurant. Past the streets where the El Rastro street market is held every Sunday. Past all the 'moda' (fashion) stores run by the Chinese folks :-). Past a plaque noting where one of Antonio's teachers lived.

They walked me through small, less crowded streets and showed me fun sites--I wished I'd taken notes :-). I definitely took photos--more so with my digital than Chica (the iPhone). Alfonso and Antonio definitely took photos. So check back--once I can download all - yes all - the photos I took since 2 September - well, I'll update my blog posts :-). What a fun way to re-live the fun :-)

We stopped for vino at one of the oldest tavernas! With all the photos of bullfighters! And stuffed bull heads!

It was such an en-joyable time--walking, laughing, talking! Thank you Camino for having we three to cross paths as we did and connect!

Thank you Antonio and Alfonso for a wonderful time with you in your city! Trust we will meet again in my city :-)

Buen Camino!























No comments: