Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Dragonfly Medicine



The night of Sunday, 17 June 2012...
I went into the kitchen and as I went to turn on the light, I heard a noise at the window. An insect was caught in the crack of the window, so I opened the window and figured it would fly out. Later on, I went into the kitchen and a dragonfly was on the wall. I thought, that's the first time I've seen a dragonfly inside. And it's night time. The next morning, it wanted to got out and even though the window was open, it was fluttering against the windowpane above the open window. So I opened the window wide and guided it down to the open part. It sat on the open sill as if resting. I left it resting and when I came back later, it was gone.

Today 20 June 2012, I was making a copy of a Medicine Card page (Spider) for a friend. And AHA. Karmic blurt. I read the page for Dragonfly. And it fit with where I find myself. Sunday night I had a conversation with my boyfriend which triggered an emotional flooding for me (meaning one gets so flooded with negative emotion that one cannot problem solve or think creatively, one just wants to fight or flee). So to have the Dragonfly show up later was Source and Dragonfly giving me information.

Here's the Dragonfly page from Medicine Cards: The Discovery of Power Through the Ways of Animals By Jamie Sams, David Carson, Angela C. Wernekesaid.

http://books.google.com/books?id=PlCZ-TWwRekC&pg=PA145&source=gbs_toc_r&cad=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

The positive and contrary parts that resonated with me...Dragonfly is the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment, and the communications from the elemental world. On the psychological level, it may be time to break down the illusions you have held that restrict your actions or ideas. Dragonfly medicine always beckons you to seek out the parts of your habits which need to change. Have you tended to the changes you have wanted to make in your life? If you feel the need for change, call on Dragonfly to guide you through the mists of illusion to the pathway of transformation. Contrary -- Are you caught in an illusion that weakens your true feelings of minimizes your abilities? If so, you may have contracted "Dragonfly Dive-Bombing." Is this the final "crash and burn" for some pipe dream that had no real purpose? Look within and feel the sense-of-self energy. Notice if it is ebbing, and find the point in time when you were deluded into believing that you would be happier if you changed because someone else wanted you to. Misery is a prime clue that you lost your will and personal validity when you bought into someone else's idea of who or what you should be. The illusion was that you would be happier if you did it their way. In forfeiting what you know is right and true for you personally, you give away your power. It is time for you to take it back. Follow Dragonfly to the place inside your body where magic is still alive and drink deeply of its power. This strength belongs to you. It is the power of becoming the illusion. This ability is ever changing and contains within it the knowledge that YOU ARE CREATING IT ALL.

WOW...

Thank you Dragonfly for helping to re-focus on what I can do to improve how I view my circumstances. NOT, NOT, NOT what "the other person" can do. What "I" can do. Thank you!

No comments: